H-4340 Sand Equivalent Test Set Sand Equivalent Test Set with Case
Standards: AASHTO T176
Sand equivalent tests serve as rapid field-correlation tests to show relative proportions of clay-like or plastic fines and dusts in granular soils and fine aggregates.
The test separates sand and clay, a comparative reading is determined between the suspended clay and the settled sand in the measuring cylinder.
Tests may be done in the laboratory or the field. Set meets ASTM D2419; AASHTO T176. Shipping wt. 21 lbs (9.5kg)
Set includes the following items:
(4) Graduated, Plastic, Measuring Cylinders—H-4340.1
(2) Solid Rubber Stopper—H-4340.5
(1) Irrigator Tube—H-4340.2.6
(1) Weighted Foot Assembly—H-4340.3
(1) Standard Stock Solution, 8oz. Plastic Bottle—H-4342
(1) Siphon Assembly—H-4340.2 (tube and hose, bow tube and hose, stopper)
(1) Wide-Mouth Funnel—H-4340.4
(1) Measuring Can, 3.0 oz.—H-1350.3SP
Individual items above can be ordered separately.